On Sunday, October 4th, we will resume on-campus Sunday School classes. Also, all Sunday evening & Wednesday evening activities will resume that week.
- This Sunday we will only gather to corporately worship with one another at our normal time. There will be no in person gathering for Sunday School. Our Sunday School teachers have been contacted and we will resume our Sunday School classes via ZOOM only. Your teacher should be in contact with you about time and day. In regards to Sunday morning corporate worship we highly recommend folks to wear a mask during the service. If some choose to not wear a mask and others are uncomfortable with that prospect we will have a designated area in our fellowship hall where everyone will be wearing a mask. We will also continue to make our services available via Facebook Live and on 94.7 via FM transmitter. Please understand to take advantage of the FM station you must be parked in the front church parking lot.
- We will have no gathered children’s and youth activities during the month of July. This includes our scheduled VBS and scheduled chalk drawing outreach outings at our local hospitals.
- For those that choose to do so we will continue Wednesday night prayer meeting at our normal time. Again, we ask that you practice social distancing protocols, use hand sanitizer and we recommend wearing a mask
- For both Sunday morning corporate worship and Wednesday night prayer meeting we will be roping off every other pew so that social distancing protocols are followed. Please follow the instructions of our Eyes and Ears Team and Ushers as they guide you in where to sit.
- Out of an abundance of caution we will not be providing a nursery during this time for our children. We do however invite parents to bring your children with you to corporate worship if you so choose.
- Again, these new measures will be followed through the month of July. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you all posted.
A brief message outlining what to expect this Sunday as we resume Sunday School
A brief message from Pastor Chris about what to expect on Sunday, May 10
• In-person corporate worship will resume this Sunday, May 10th; just in time for Mother's Day! Re-opening of the church building will be done with social-distancing practices.
•There will be no church activities this week through May 3. Sunday morning worship will be online-only.
•There will be no church activities this week through April 26. Sunday morning worship will be online-only.
•There will be no church activities this week through April 19. Sunday morning worship will be online-only.
•There will be no church activities this week through April 12. On Easter Sunday, join us for "drive-in" worship (weather permitting). You may also join us online.
•There will be no church activities this week through April 5. Sunday morning worship will be online-only.
•There will be no church activities this week through March 29. Sunday morning worship will be online-only.
•Church office hours will be as follows until further notice: M-Th (8a-12p)
•If you need to contact a staff member outside of office hours, please call their cell phone
From Pastor Chris:
Dear Second Family,
In light of the coronavirus that is at the forefront of the news and our desire to communicate effectively, I wanted to send you out this communication. As you already know, information is flowing at a rate that is next to impossible to keep up with. We have been in communication with our sister churches, health officials and our school district. In light of the information we have received we believe it is in everyone’s best interest to modify our worship/church schedule. All regularly scheduled activities will be cancelled for this week through March 22. Based on the recommendations from health officials we will not meet corporately on our campus this coming Sunday. We invite you however to worship with us online at home through the medium of Facebook live. You can go to our church website at yoursecondfamily.org. You will find a link to Facebook live on the homepage. Our service time will be our normal time between 10:40am-12:00pm. We will be re-evaluating our church schedule each week so please be on the lookout for information via church website, email, and Facebook.
During this time the church’s ministry will continue and church office hours will remain the same. Your ministry staff remains available to help/serve you any way that we can. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us. We want to encourage you to continue to be faithful in the giving of your tithes/offerings during this time. You are welcome to bring your tithes/offerings to the church during normal office hours, mail it, or take advantage of our on-line giving platform you can find on our website. Again, if you have any questions feel free to contact any of your staff members.
One last thought. What do we do with all this? The same thing we did before there was a coronavirus: Glorify God! How can we glorify God? Every day is still an opportunity to glorify Him. Enjoy the time you may have with your family. Read the Bible in ways that you may not have before. Pray for one another. It’s interesting that in the early church, after the ascension of Christ, the early church met in their homes. We may not be meeting together like we are used to, but we are meeting together with our families for the glory of God.
Thank you for your understanding,